Casey M. Lowrey, M.D., grew up in Madison, Alabama. She attended Samford University and obtained a BS in biology. She then earned an MD degree at the University of Alabama School of Medicine. Afterward, she entered residency in general psychiatry at the University of Florida, followed by a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at the same university.
Dr. Lowrey is board certified in both general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry. She is a member of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the American Psychiatric Association. She is married and has one young child. Her hobbies include learning how to garden, playing board games, and traveling.
Dr. Lowrey performs psychiatric evaluations and consultations and provides psychotropic medication management for children (ages 5+), adolescents, and young adults. She treats a variety of symptoms and diagnoses, including but not limited to:
- Mood disorders: depression, bipolar, mood swings, anger
- Anxiety disorders: generalized anxiety, separation anxiety, panic
- Trauma-related disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and other impulse control disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Tourette Syndrome and other tic disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Psychotic disorders: schizophrenia, brief psychotic disorder